You need to first unlock your Sprint iPhone before switching to a new network on your device.You won’t be allowed to switch to another network unless your Sprint device is eligible for it. There are two ways you can apply for the process of unlocking your Sprint iPhone. While one way is to fill up the forms and request for unlocking the device, the other way is to get it done by a third-party unlocking service like unlockitrightnow.com. Here, you will be able to purchase the unlock SIM that suits your device-depending on which iPhone you have. For iPhone X and below the unlock chip retails for $29.99. Anything above the X, like the XR, XS, XSMax it's $39.99. Consider this method if you want to save money, and do the unlocking process in the comfort of your own home. It's pretty simple- you receive the chip in the mail with instructions and an updated ICCID code. You'll have your iPhone unlocked in 2 minutes.
Here's What You Need to Know:
- If you purchased your iPhone after 2015, Sprint would unlock it for domestic use (within the US) when it’s eligible for it.
- In case you had purchased your iPhone before February 2015, Sprint will inform you once the device is eligible to unlock. You will have to request for the unlock.
- As the domestic and international unlocking process is done separately, you need to complete both the requests to ensure the device can be used with any carrier both domestically and internationally.
- Sprint’s iPhone 5 versions are allowed to be unlocked only for international GSM networks – outside the U.S. However, it will work on Verizon’s CDMA network.
- If any an iPhone has been blacklisted or reported lost, it can still be unlocked but won’t work on domestic (U.S.) networks. But it will work outside the U.S.A.
- An unlocked blacklisted Sprint iPhone might not work in some countries that share U.S. database.
- Earlier versions of iPhones were made to work only on specific networks. As for instance, Sprint’s iPhone 4s won’t work with other networks. Newer iPhones like 5s or iPhone 6s works with GSM carriers as well as Verizon’s CDMA network.
- Sprint’s iPhone 7 is compatible with most GSM networks and with Verizon’s CDMA network.
Once it is unlocked, you can use your iPhone on another carrier by following the instructions below:
Step #1. First off, you need to switch off your iPhone.
Step #2. Next, remove the SIM card from the device and insert the new SIM card in the SIM card slot.
Step #3. Now, restart your device. Go through the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone.
You won’t have any difficulty in unlocking your phone as carriers will guide you through the steps. After you have successfully unlocked your device, you will be able to use another carrier on your device.